While walking in the Mission yesterday, I came across this poster inside Good Vibes, with links added for your convenience:
ANTI-GAY COMPANIES TO BOYCOTT
(Let’s show them that hate doesn’t pay)
- Salvation Army (“practicing homosexuals” are not welcome to work here. Nuff said, don’t support them.) Instead, give your junk to Community Thrift on Valencia & 17th so that you can pick which org. you want the money to go to.
- Gold’s Gym! (owner and CEO gave millions to American Crossroads, a political organization run by Karl Rove that funds many anti-gay politicians)
- Domino’s Pizza (founder Tom Monaghan is a co-founder of the Thomas More Law Center, which advocates in court to restrict access to domestic partner benefits. He also financed a ballot proposal to remove sexual orientation from the non-discrimination ordinance in MI.)
- Cracker Barrel Restaurants (fired 17 people for being “inconsistent with…normal heterosexual values”)
- A1 Self-Storage (owner Terry Caster is the 2nd largest individual contributor to the infamous Prop 8 campaign)
- Cinemark/Century Theaters (CEO gave $10,000 to prop 8)
I was really glad to see The Salvation Army listed first. They’ve long been getting lots of heat for being anti-gay, but The Salvation Army is a sinister organization for many more reasons than that—and I speak from personal experience.
- PinkPanthers: Boycott these anti-gay companies
- San Francisco Chronicle’s Proposition 8 Contributors Database and LA Times: Tracking the money: Final Numbers (for Prop 8)
- Cinemark/Century Theaters CEO Anti-gay Donor
- Gay Homophobe, by Jonathan Mann
- Gay marriage proponent who urged halt to Prop. 8 enforcement dies
- Same-Sex Marriage Foes Seek Reversal of Ruling by Gay Judge
Chik-fil-a needs to be on this list.
Everyone, you know what to do.